« Home | Bored need something to do? » | "Doogie Howser, M.D." » | World Wide Web developer concerned Internet could ... » | From OTTAWA?????????? » | MilBlogs » | Ignore him he will go away » | How the PLOP did you get in here » | This like way too cool » | And now for something completely different » | Outsourcing idiots » 

05 November 2006 

Service to one’s Country

Been thunkdeding a lot about that, here lately. The Old Timen’ Dude served his country for 20 years, I served my country for 20 years, my son and his wife are serving their country now, (and yes they will probably do 20 years too), and my “X” my sons mother did 20 years too. I guess by the grace of GOD I grew up around people who believed it was the right thing to do. Thanks Old Timen’ Dude, and Crazy Women, you both did a great job. (Shameless sucking up). Anyways, what is service to one’s country? I came up with a list of what it means to me. No order no rhyme no reason just a list. So here goes:

Never talking bad about your country.

Never helping your country’s enemy’s

Respecting the Flag

Working for the good of all, not yourself

Being respectful of your elders

Nurturing the young

Turning the other cheek

Being ready and willing to stand up for what is right


I might add more latter but these come to my mind first. Feel free to add yours. Oh if you did not get it, you never will. But that’s why some people serve their country. So you don’t have too.



“I am on the dirt frontage road to the internet thingy”

Take it slow and keep your head up. That way you can see the bullshit coming.
And don’t waste my time calling me a racist, cause I aren’t. So there!