« Home | Memorial Day » | It's that time of the year » | Wednesday Hero » | Wednesday Hero » | Plop it, just Plop it » | Wednesday Hero » | Wednesday Hero » | What the???????????? » | Wednesday Hero » | Comment resulted in » 

25 May 2009 

Thought of the day

Memorial Day formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service.

Think about that for a minute. From the birth of our country how many have given their life for it? A quick search on the internet will give you an idea, A LOT! I was sitting on the front porch this morning and thinking life is good. Then it hit me, life is good but it comes with a price tag. From the start of my country people have given their lives for it. Military service, whether drafted or volunteered is just that “service” to our country. The military does not start wars or conflict, politicians do. The military’s job is to be ready for them, to win them. I have served my country like my father before me and as my son does now. It is not something most would do, but some are up to it. I think it is more in the way you are raised than anything. I remember starting every day at school with the pledge of allegiance. Remember that:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

31 words that I think call to those who serve. A belief that is worth their lives to save and protect. I know a hard concept for some, common sense for most. So today I count my self blessed. So as I go out to my front porch for a smoke and coffee, I thank you. I have never met you, but in the after life I hope to know you.

God bless.






















"I am on the dirt frontage road to the internet thingy"

And don't waste my time calling me a racist, cause I aren't. So there!