« Home | Simple Man » | Highway Song » | Dog Wash » | There's no way out of here » | WISHES » | Blasphemous Rumours » | Hello My Name Is Rodney » | Fort Hood's Deceased » | US President Barack Obama has hailed as "historic"... » | Fort Hood » 

11 November 2009 

Remember when?

Yep you know the good old days. When the family went out to Main Street and watched all those old guys march down the street. As a young kid I was not sure what was going on but I knew it was big. Every one of those men walked tall and proud, made me feel small. But I was just a kid.

It was not till I was about ten did I know what it was all about. Then I understood it. No longer where they just old guys marching down Main Street, the where VETERANS!

Men who gave their all for our country, men who made it possible for me to have my life. Great men, who I am with out a doubt, would do it again.

So on this day I will remember all of those that have come before me, and all those who will in the future. Service, true service to one’s country is above reproach.

Let the man who has not served stand in my face and talk bad about my country, I will show you a man that is a fool.

Many have given their life for your right to say what you want. But I will never let their sacrifice go unchallenged. This is my word.

I will celebrate this day. I will remember my fellow VETERANS.

This day I will not forget!

God Bless


Gratitude


“Sometime back I received in the name of our country the bodies of four marines who had died while on active duty. I said then that there is a special sadness that accompanies the death of a serviceman, for we're never quite good enough to them-not really; we can't be, because what they gave us is beyond our powers to repay. And so, when a serviceman dies, it's a tear in the fabric, a break in the whole, and all we can do is remember.”

President Ronald Reagan
November 11, 1985





"I am on the dirt frontage road to the internet thingy"

And don't waste my time calling me a racist, cause I aren't. So there!