« Home | Wednesday Hero » | Site "O" the day, or not » | Breaking news, hot off the floor » | Bugles Across America » | Saddam Hussein » | Has the FEC gone nuts? » | Milbogger Soldier Hurt » | Wednesday Hero » | Dude I made out big time, check it out » | Greeting my pets, this is the Great Lizard. » 

03 January 2007 

Another reason old dudes should not smoke crack

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Army general who was Joint Chiefs chairman when the Pentagon adopted its "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays says he no longer opposes allowing them to serve openly.

John Shalikashvili, who retired in 1997 after four years as the nation's top military officer, had argued that allowing homosexuals to serve openly would hurt troop morale and recruitment and undermine the cohesion of combat units. He said he has changed his mind after meeting with gay servicemen.

"These conversations showed me just how much the military has changed, and that gays and lesbians can be accepted by their peers," Shalikashvili wrote in an opinion piece in Tuesday's New York Times.

Read it if you want, but the dude needs some help.


“I am on the dirt frontage road to the internet thingy”

Take it slow and keep your head up. That way you can see the bullshit coming.
And don’t waste my time calling me a racist, cause I aren’t. So there!