« Home | UK forbids pay interviews for soldiers » | Stop laughing already. » | Radio I listen to » | Nice job if you can get it » | Am I the only one that finds something wrong with ... » | Want to know the difference between the left and t... » | Wednesday Hero » | We miss you Frank » | Dumb ass headline of the day » | You will never and I mean never guess what the U.N... » 

09 April 2007 

Wireless a lifeline for homeless

Christa Eland, 47, doesn't have a cell phone but gets by with a calling card.

"The only problem is that when I try to call my kids, I always get the answering machine," she said. "They don't have a way of calling me back, so I waste all my minutes talking to a machine."


Her boyfriend has been in jail for the past five months but should be getting out soon. She said he's promised to help find them a place other than a shelter to sleep, if only for a few nights.

Could just be me, I am an ass sometimes, but what the PLOP? I know payphones are like a thing of the past, but come on. What next a National drive for cell phones for the homeless. No I know, wait I don't.

Doing my best to save the world, one day at a time. Lets go breath and cause some more Global Warming, ye that's it. Breath = death? I tell you that Gorcale is killing me.


"I am on the dirt frontage road to the internet thingy"

And don't waste my time calling me a racist, cause I aren't. So there!